This dish is just perfect for sharing with family and friends on a cold autumn evening
- 800g Salmon Fillet
- 4tbsp soy sauce, plus 1tbsp for cucumber
- 100ml sweet chilli sauce
- 2tbsp sesame seeds, black & white
- 4 little gem lettuce, washed and drained
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 lemon
- 1tbsp Chilli oil
- 250g Jasmine rice, cooked to packet instructions
- Mix 4tbsp soy sauce with 100ml of sweet chilli sauce, then lay the salmon fillet (skin side down) onto greaseproof paper and pour half of the sweet chilli/soy sauce marinade over the top, using a spoon to make sure it’s evenly covered. Sprinkle 1tbsp of the mixed sesame seeds over the salmon, then bake for 15-20 mins at 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Put the cucumber chunks into a mixing bowl and smash lightly with the heel of a knife or a rolling pin. Then add the remaining soy, juice of 1⁄2 the lemon and chilli oil. Stir well.
- Spread the cooked rice out on a large serving plate. Place the salmon fillet on top, leaving the skin behind on the tray –you can crisp this up and eat separately.
- Put the smacked cucumbers on top of the salmon and finish with the chopped spring onions. Put the dish in the centre of the table and dig in with spoons, stuffing a mix of everything into lettuce cups!