This easy grilled pineapple jalapeño margaritas are made with fresh ingredients that are bursting with smoky, sweet and tangy flavors! A sweet, tarty yet delicious margarita that is incredibly easy to create!
The Roasting or grilling fruit brings out all the sweetness and intricated of the fruit while adding a slightly caramelized flavor.
- 1 fresh, ripe pineapple
- 1 ½ cups chilled pineapple juice
- 4 oz. tequila
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup *simple syrup
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt or course sea salt
- Preheat your grill to medium hot.
- Peel, core, and cut the pineapple into ½ inch thick rings.
- Grill the pineapple rings for 5-7 minute per side turning only once. Allow to cool and cut the rings into quarters.
- In a blender combine ½ the grilled pineapple chunks reserving 4 quarters to use as garnish.
- Add the tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice, and *simple syrup, blend until smooth. (Note: you can use the balance of the grilled pineapple in another recipe or double this recipe!).
- Chill the blended mixture for up to 4 hours.
- Pour the salt on a small plate and shake gently so the plate is covered with salt.
- Rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and press into the salt on the plate, gently moving the glass on the plate. Then add ice to the glass.
- Blend your mixture for a few seconds before pouring as it will have settled a little bit while chilling in the refrigerator.
- Pour your pineapple margarita mixture over the ice.
- Garnish the glass with a lime wedge and a quarter of the grilled pineapple.
- Serve immediately.